Your shit will never sound like the pros. UNLESS YOU ARE A PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a funny post... 1. mike dean uses ableton, that's kanye's producer/engineer/ touring guitarist. 2. i can pull up fl studio, make a banging beat, then pull up ableton or logic and make the same exact beat sound the exact same way which shows that all daws are the same for the most part, its the person using it. 3. producers SHOULD worry about mixing their beats, especially if you're sending your beats out to labels or a&rs to get placed.. if they hear an unmixed beat they are going to pass that shit. i think thats what sets me apart from a lot of producers, my mixdowns are clean as fuck, i make the beat crystal clear before it even gets to an artist or an engineer, that way the engineer barely has to do anything to the beat. i barely ever get asked for stems because of how good i mixdown my beats and if i do get asked for stems its for arrangement purposes.

I'd love to hear your work.

This is the most ridiculous post lol. Have you not heard some of the crap that winds up on the Billboard?

I know tons of guys with better material than a lot of the superpowers that swarm radio but because they're not popular they'll never see the light of day. It is no longer about what you use but how did you come about making it in today's music world. The only people that care are the creators and we make a very small group.

I'm not popular but I'm a pro. I guarantee that I could make a hit record if I had the right funding. I've been getting praise from DJs for years and still do. If that's not a pro then I don't know what is.

LOL... deary me...... do you read this shit after you post it??

what a funny post... 1. mike dean uses ableton, that's kanye's producer/engineer/ touring guitarist. 2. i can pull up fl studio, make a banging beat, then pull up ableton or logic and make the same exact beat sound the exact same way which shows that all daws are the same for the most part, its the person using it. 3. producers SHOULD worry about mixing their beats, especially if you're sending your beats out to labels or a&rs to get placed.. if they hear an unmixed beat they are going to pass that shit. i think thats what sets me apart from a lot of producers, my mixdowns are clean as fuck, i make the beat crystal clear before it even gets to an artist or an engineer, that way the engineer barely has to do anything to the beat. i barely ever get asked for stems because of how good i mixdown my beats and if i do get asked for stems its for arrangement purposes.

Kanye is shit.. and so is his 'beats'... where are yours bro.. I am interested to hear them ;)

LOL BRO! You are so far from the truth!

Why do you limit yourself like that?

Why are you trying to limit others?

Anyone can become a pro in any DAW... People make professional, commercial hits ALL THE TIME WITH FL STUDIOS!

It is not the tools that are the problem, it is the user.

Don't listen to this guy. If you can become a producer... you can become an engineer.. duh. You can learn anything with the right resources (books, the internet, mentors)

This post is saddening.

oh no i know how to mix and master properly now

I still don't agree with what you said. "Thanks for doing the engineers job".. I don't think you understand. The way you mix down your beats is what makes your sound yours. My processing techniques and the way I mix down my beats is what makes my signature sound and what makes my stuff stand out. I don't just throw a bunch of sounds together and wala a beat is done. Every element I lsyer into a beat is strategically put there to compliment other sounds and it's all mixed down as I go along.

leave me the fuck alone damn. You guys are so technical until somebody has a question and you have no idea what tf you're talking about...... Engineers mix. that your sound comes for you making your own type beats. Yes some people include their mixing but not always... Like carnage for example. he mixes his shit a certain way but not all producers with their own sound include mixing like for example young chop. damn.

A lot of pros use FL...

believe it or not, but it is what it is.

(my two cents) I just read somebody thinks its bullshit so, that's all. lol

Last edited:
It seems clear that Synapsis is a troll. Blocking...

I'm not trolling mate, I simply read your speel about being 'pro' and all the rest of it.. I mean.. there is ego, and there is reality.. I mean... the 'times have changed' 'you must change'... haha, you mean like tiesto, the biggest sellout going? he used to be good, now he is just a commercial hack...

You never 'change with the times', things go in cycles.. and nothing beats the trance of the late 90's early 2000s.. it was complex melodical and charged with epic emotion... not like this shit they portray to be 'EDM' these days... it always comes back.. and a true being, never changes.. they stay true to their roots... I didn't mean to come across as a troll.. But you must sometimes take a reality check...

LOL BRO! You are so far from the truth!

Why do you limit yourself like that?

Why are you trying to limit others?

Anyone can become a pro in any DAW... People make professional, commercial hits ALL THE TIME WITH FL STUDIOS!

It is not the tools that are the problem, it is the user.

Don't listen to this guy. If you can become a producer... you can become an engineer.. duh. You can learn anything with the right resources (books, the internet, mentors)

This post is saddening.

OMFG... fruity troops is a trumped up midi sequencer, that has fuck all else going for it... It's seriously hilarious, when people start giving it the biggie.. I run FL 12... hahhaha... You think these idiots using it that make a 'hit' using it... mix and master it all in FL??

No, they go to see the big boys, and pay the $$$ to have it boosted through the real shit... all the people using it, use 3rd party plugs, cause the on board synths are like the most hilarious joke for sound....

When real musicians record music... they record with Outboard weapons.. that spit out the fattest sound, and play the songs with their hands, from beginning to end... none of this looping... fair enough.. loops are fun, and easy to create and manipulate to your desired result.. though the routing, recording, editing, etc etc in Logic and pro tools, FL simply CAN NOT DO...

If your happy pressing little squares into the piano roll and thinking your a mad arse producer... thats your bubble.. enjoy it...

I still don't agree with what you said. "Thanks for doing the engineers job".. I don't think you understand. The way you mix down your beats is what makes your sound yours. My processing techniques and the way I mix down my beats is what makes my signature sound and what makes my stuff stand out. I don't just throw a bunch of sounds together and wala a beat is done. Every element I lsyer into a beat is strategically put there to compliment other sounds and it's all mixed down as I go along.

Link bro.. comon!! :) I wanna hear it now :)

I'm not trolling mate, I simply read your speel about being 'pro' and all the rest of it.. I mean.. there is ego, and there is reality.. I mean... the 'times have changed' 'you must change'... haha, you mean like tiesto, the biggest sellout going? he used to be good, now he is just a commercial hack...

You never 'change with the times', things go in cycles.. and nothing beats the trance of the late 90's early 2000s.. it was complex melodical and charged with epic emotion... not like this shit they portray to be 'EDM' these days... it always comes back.. and a true being, never changes.. they stay true to their roots... I didn't mean to come across as a troll.. But you must sometimes take a reality check...

Ego? SMH If my sound didn't pass as being PROfessionally mixed we wouldn't be having this discussion. You don't even know wherr my music is being played to even talk like that. But the fact remains that you and the person who started this thread are out of line. You don't have to like what others do or use whether it's Kanye's colleague, Tiesto, or even myself but it doesn't mean you have to be disrespectful which is what you're doing from what I'm seeing on this thread. So on behalf of myself and others please stop the hate. Find a better way.
Peace throughout the community.

Ego? SMH If my sound didn't pass as being PROfessionally mixed we wouldn't be having this discussion. You don't even know wherr my music is being played to even talk like that. But the fact remains that you and the person who started this thread are out of line. You don't have to like what others do or use whether it's Kanye's colleague, Tiesto, or even myself but it doesn't mean you have to be disrespectful which is what you're doing from what I'm seeing on this thread. So on behalf of myself and others please stop the hate. Find a better way.
Peace throughout the community.

There is no hate here bro.. just objective diligent observation of facts... We live in a free world, and voicing an opinion, is fair game.. I know what is tertiary standard for this game.. I studied it for 3 years, and passed with HD, and D's.. This isn't an interwebz war about who's dick is bigger, or 'cleaner'... The facts are, that no tertiary institution teaches FL. They teach industry standard tech.. like outboard analogue desks, compressors, effects.. D/A to A/D... Which has capability to link into DAW's like Pro Tools, and Logic....

You see, FL cannot connect to outboard analogue gear, it is trapped in it's little box.. so you rely on VST plugs to get a certain 'sound quality'.. Analogue Mixing desks are not a couple of hundred thousands of dollars for a good one for a reason.. They are built in with amazing circuitry, that makes the sound zing.. I had the pleasure of being able to boost with analogue gear while I was studying.. I been playing round with this stuff for almost 20 years... And it does get a bit frustrating sometimes, when people start jabbering on about audio production, and use FL, or something like that..

As for 'passing' the 'PRO mixing'.. I wouldn't submit that stuff to my lecturer back in the day... I had a good listen, and then listened to the big boys in the same 'genre'..... You still have a way to go bro... You have some decent skills with balance, and 'minimal' style synth arrangements.. I could only turn the top one up half way, as it hurt my ears... Anyway.. I am not going to get involved in the FL 'hate campaign', keep doin what you do... ;)

This discussion should end here, soon... or it's likely it will be ended ;>) .

It is "fruitless" (if you'll pardon the pun) to compare DAWs; they all work. It is the ideas behind the production that are important. Yes, some things become "industry standard" because they are good and rightly should be; others because of marketing, hype, and forced ubiquity (Yamaha NS-10's, anyone else remember those? And yes, Pro Tools, I'm looking at you).

Synapsis-- at the risk of continuing this thread hi-jack of a perverse travesty of the OP's original (very flawed and provocative) thoughts and ideas... What do you mean by "FL Studio can't connect with outboard gear?" Can FL products record with a standard audio interface? If so, then it can connect with analog outboard gear; it's just a matter of patience and routing ability.

Let's move on to more productive, harmonious discussions, and yes, by all means, "Peace throughout the community!"

GJ

Last edited:
This discussion should end here, soon... or it's likely it will be ended ;>) .

It is "fruitless" (if you'll pardon the pun) to compare DAWs; they all work. It is the ideas behind the production that are important. Yes, some things become "industry standard" because they are good and rightly should be; others because of marketing, hype, and forced ubiquity (Yamaha NS-10's, anyone else remember those? And yes, Pro Tools, I'm looking at you).

Synapsis-- at the risk of continuing this thread hi-jack of a perverse travesty of the OP's original (very flawed and provocative) thoughts and ideas... What do you mean by "FL Studio can't connect with outboard gear?" Can FL products record with a standard audio interface? If so, then it can connect with analog outboard gear; it's just a matter of patience and routing ability.

Let's move on to more productive, harmonious discussions, and yes, by all means, "Peace throughout the community!"

GJ

Im just saying, its primary function is a piano roll midi sequencer... I just have a particular loathing for that program, I don't know why.. It would be very expensive to get the right gear to be able to control FL from the desk.. You can't edit waveforms in FL like you can in PT or Logic.. especially PT, I guess, we are not talking about a 'real life' recording environment here anyway.. we are all using what we have... I will leave it there... peace and tranquility resides :)

I just wanted to give you a reference to listen to.. not to be a troll, just so you can hear where your mixes 'lack lustre'...

'We come in peace'.. You will hear in your track.. there is a bitey harsh sound in the bass line, and in the whole mix.. it is really harsh on the ears.. Whereas https://soundcloud.com/jacobmin19/e...x-new-edm-dance-charts-songs-club-music-remix

Has far less of that harsh bitey sharpness, you can actually turn it almost full volume, and not want to scream... I am not into that style of music, but one thing is for sure, sharp, harsh sounds, from limiters working too hard, are not pleasant... You want it to sound warm, full, clean, and crunchy, not sharp and bitey... anyway... thats my two cents worth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back