Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you mixing your own beats?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.nRage View Post
    Gude,

personally I like to mix and master all of my beats myself...mainly cause I got a clear vision of what it should sound like. But in generell theres nothing wrong with hiring ppl. for engineering. Some ppl. even say its bad to mix your own material, cause of emotional attachment, ear fatique and such. I never paid great attention to such dogmas (I even "master" my beats in the same project which is a no-go for most producers). Do whatever fits you best. It takes a lot of time to learn what makes and breaks a mix. I do this for several years now and theres still a lot for me to learn.
    I used to hate mixing and love composing beats, now its the other way round...well not really "hating" composing, but its less fun compared to everything else atm.
    Well Said Mr. nRage... i do the same, i create, mix and master all of my own beats, and i also do so in the same project (though i sabve a duplicate copy fr othe final production separately ).

I'm not the greatest musician ever, but i do think i have potential, and have been told such by top producers in thehip-hop area. I have some really interesting and influential followers because i'm not a run of the mill beat maker/mix/producer. I invent new styles and don't care much about genre's, tey restrict you unless you are just the type of beat creator that knows he/she wants to do a particualr style, i mix styles all the time, and even create (sort of) new ones.
    https://soundcloud.com/djlfd | Sincerely, Michael K McKeon

Thanks
    Yes, I try to give the artist an idea on what they're getting.

Thanks
    I do mix my own tracks. Sometimes if the artist has budget, it goes away and I can work on something else.

Thanks
    I actually mix and master all of my music but i feel like my music would be taken to another level if I paid someone to mix for me.

Thanks
    i mix them on my own, as well as I can. but it's always a learning process so we can continually improve. The more you know, the better.

That's the point of this forum, lol we're producers (well I guess "future" producers). We mix songs. ...it's our job.
    Last edited by Epsilon-144; 12-28-2017 at 11:59 PM.
    Soundcloud: Epsilon-144

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deefex View Post
    . When I Was younger, I was more into it. I have no space at home and don't have monitors, so I get disillusioned from time to time and give up.
    dont give up bro. ^.^
    Soundcloud: Epsilon-144

Thanks
    It can be risky business sending it off for mixing and mastering because different engineers will produce different results. If you do it, make sure you have a good idea about the specific engineer that will be mixing your stuff. You don't want an engineer that's always mixing for example dance or edm music to then go and mix a hardcore hip hop song. It's probable that it just won't sound right. Choose an engineer who's sound you're familiar with.

Personally I used to always mix and master my old stuff back in the day after several experiences with engineers. One friend's track which we recorded together in a hired studio he left for the engineer to mix. I didn't like his final version so a week later I did a mix myself and it was a significant improvement over the original. Only at that point after the engineer heard my mix, he must have liked that version because he started making noise about wanting to get official credit for playing a keyboard part which was just a simple tune that my friend had hummed to him to play into the DAW..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike McKeon View Post
    Well Said Mr. nRage... i do the same, i create, mix and master all of my own beats, and i also do so in the same project (though i sabve a duplicate copy fr othe final production separately ).

I'm not the greatest musician ever, but i do think i have potential, and have been told such by top producers in thehip-hop area. I have some really interesting and influential followers because i'm not a run of the mill beat maker/mix/producer. I invent new styles and don't care much about genre's, tey restrict you unless you are just the type of beat creator that knows he/she wants to do a particualr style, i mix styles all the time, and even create (sort of) new ones.
    The music industry needs more people like you. When I listen to new music, I want to experience something I've never heard before, not the same old same old.

As far as the topic question goes, I too am learning and applying how to mix and master my own songs, and I think it is extremely beneficial if one takes the time to master these techniques.
    Networking with young composers! http://composersofthefuture.boards.net/
    My Website: http://www.alecweesner.com

Thanks
    Always try to mix, give it a "sleep" - check it on second or third day, might wanna listen some good tracks before listening to your own "child" - just to make Your ears tuned.
    This trick helps me and lots of other guys i know

Thanks
    Yes using bandlab.com

Thread Information