Working on double vocal track in FL Studio

Hey Friends,

Hope you guys are having fun making music...

I want to copy some part of my leading vocal track and make it as a backing vocal. I know I need to create backing vocal stereo effect (100% left and right). What are some cool plug-ins for backing vocals in FL Studio 10?

Thanks,
Neil

I know I have to pan them hard left and right but I want to create that cool backing vocal effect that other commercial track has it. It has that crisp sound to it. Is there any plugin which will help me to achieve that?

Forget the plugin

Record the vocal(s) you need for your backing as separate take(s), this will help you avoid all sorts of other issues later on

Once recorded do the panning and levels that you want to use.

Getting that crisp clean sound is about not using OTT FX, but subtle almost invisible FX.

I think you should've told us what kind of music you're doing. Rap, R&B, ect...

With that said, stack stack stack, and pan HARD. EQ and COMPRESS. Delay over verb on BG vox.

I'd upgrade to some better recording software if I were you
FL studio is pretty basic

there's Pro Tools, Reason, etc

You'd have to re-learn a lot,
but there are tutorials and you wouldn't regret it

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

I'm kind of biased against FL studio though,
because I used it back in the day when it was the cheesiest sounding thing out there

You can still make some good beats with it though

who knows, maybe it's decent now

when I last used it was at least 10 years ago so...

@tempest-michael: you have not provided a solution to the OP with the tools they use; why should they listen to you if you will not respect their needs.

By all means
  • point out what they are doing right and
  • point out why what they propose to do is wrong,

but provide a solution that does not require them to buy other hardware or software, beyond a plugin (what they asked for)

if you look at the rest of the posts above yours, you will find that that is exactly what the others did.....

OMG people still say that? Lol. Wow. I really don't want to entertain a DAW debate but please to some proper research before making a comment like that.

-------

Back to the topic at hand though, I would agree to the stacking different takes and panning. Also, if it's backing vocals try slightly reducing the low-mid to mid freq a bit more than the lead vocal. It gives it a bit of "distance" when stacked. Some reverb would do you good as well since it add an environment so to speak.

Jay_

there's Pro Tools, Reason, etc

You'd have to re-learn a lot,
but there are tutorials and you wouldn't regret it

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

I'm kind of biased against FL studio though,
because I used it back in the day when it was the cheesiest sounding thing out there

You can still make some good beats with it though

who knows, maybe it's decent now

when I last used it was at least 10 years ago so...

Some of the top producers in the world use FL

geez

no need to get so defensive

10 years ago FL studio was garbage

I did say that I don't know about now

Conversely,
go check out the newest version of pro tools or reason and see if it's an improvement from what you're using.
I mean, one of those is the industry standard

geez

no need to get so defensive

10 years ago FL studio was garbage

I did say that I don't know about now

Conversely,
go check out the newest version of pro tools or reason and see if it's an improvement from what you're using.
I mean, one of those is the industry standard

Ya, my friend you're a little out the loop. No diss. Prob a 3rd of people on FP (another third uses Reason), as well as producers in general use FL. It may not have all the mastering bells and whistles that Pro Tools has, but a lot of dope tracks were made with FL. I use Cubase by the way, but I started on FL.

nice, cubase is also really good and professional

I forgot to mention that one.

No, I'm only out of the loop with fruityloops.

I mean, why would I got back to that now right?

Same thing as you with cubase.

I started out with FL studio as well.

All my intention was in suggesting for people to try more advanced software
was to give them more opportunities,
because there is no denying that there are more options available in a new version of pro tools than in FL studio.

Upgrading will definitely make you a better songwriter in general
through giving you more samples to work with, more plugin's, and more editing tools.

It's just good for anyone to upgrade in general,
because you'll not only have more tools
but will be a more rounded recording artist because of it
after you relearn how to do the same things in Cubase, Pro Tools, Reason, etc.

To each their own though.

If you want to keep using FL studio that's fine,
but don't get mad at people for suggesting that you expand your boundaries a little.

With the new library of samples that you'd get alone,
it couldn't be bad for your songwriting.

>>>>Upgrading will definitely make you a better songwriter in general
through giving you more samples to work with, more plugin's, and more editing tools.<<<<

Oooh, sorry... Serious logical non-sequiter there. Software will not make you a better songwriter. Never.

GJ

rhythmgj

learning to do everything all over again
in a new DAW is definitely a good learning experience.

In fact, it's mandatory in the music school I graduated from.

It makes you better, because you have to put so much time into relearning everything in how it works in your new software
that all that practice time alone will make you improve regardless.

And I was talking about improving the quality of your tracks as well.

More samples to work with, means more options.

Back