why my master track clips! (video)

N

netomtz88

Hello everyone!
i use pro tools and reason as a slave. I have a song where i created audio tracks and an instrument track. None of these clip, but when i create a master track to fade my song in the end, the master track clips and i don't know why. All the midi tracks come from reason rewired but i only use one channel, i don't rewire serparately. So basically i program the drums, bass, atmospheres, and other things in reason and the reason track in pro tools i have it 6db but it doesn't clip or anything! so i was wondering if you know why this happens.
thanks.
here is a video so you can look at it sorry for the quality. It comes from my ipod!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bv7TLiQcE0

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the combined signal is loud as F**K..lol u need to mix them ****s...that first instrument track is dam near clipping by it self...you dont have any head room...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, you need to mix downward. Then something is too soft, turn every thing else down. Don't turn the one thing up. This is really easy in protools with track groups.

Hey everyone i wanted to ask you if you can help me find out if my mix from the previous video is better. I uploaded a new video so you can see what i mean! i lowered everything and actually it sounds really good now! but the thing is that i don't know if i lowered it way too much because when i compare this song to a professional song, Mi mix is somewhat LOWER! can you please help me on what i need to do to make it sound at its best? do i need to raise everything a little again? Not the signal flow but the volume
By the way it clipped because of a guitar loop! i used an eq and i raised the high frecuencies and so later i found out that it was making the master track clip! so i used a compressor and i lowered the frecuencies to a decent amount this time,
thanks, https://www.youtube.com/my_videos

i just read that one article that der-kid posted and it has given me a better idea of how it should be done, thanks you all, and
i will post again to see if i have progressed!

brah every musician or aspiring musician should be required to read all pars of that article....Im showing hat to everyone that asks me questions on mixing...excellen find

Back