Where Do I Find My "Muse"????

DJBC

Question??? How do you remixers come up with ideas for a mix? I have been a dj for awhile now, And just recently started out into the remix genre. I have alot of gear. Only I have alot of questions about how to set it all up. Is it possible to make a recording or at least get something that sounds a lil' professional with what I have?
2 1200's,Gemini BPM500 Mixer,Dual CD Player,Roland Mc303,Boss SP202 Sampler,500mhz Pentium III w/CD-RW,Acid2.0,SoundforgeXP,MixManPro,And a host of other software. I guess my main question is where do I start??
Are there any other remixers out there with any info to pass along? Maybe some good resources or recommendations to help a brother out? Any help would be appreciated!!!!

hey you should practice by composing your own tunes first... this is how you will get the skills to do some "remix" versions one day. It is very good to compose your own notes, melodies and such.

don't panic! Just touch the keys, play a bit, improvise, and record what you are doing.. add more tracks to the previous recording etc... you'll feel "it"

see you around :)

Back