what's a good speaker system to listen to final mixes?

prodeucer

Are those smart speakers a good idea to try since I think that's where the industry could be heading as far as listening devices goes? I'm still setting up my bookshelf speaker system with a separate subwoofer. Kinda old school way of set up but I guess as long as the music sounds good it shouldn't matter what system I listen to my final mixes, right?

Your song has to translate well on all sound devices. So you have to listen to your final mix on as many speakers and sound devices as you can. In a car, with earbuds, phone speaker, smart speaker, home theater, bookshelf speaker etc. Not on 1 speaker system.

My point is, don't focus on 1 audio output device.

Yeah. Of course, when you have a pro level setup and pro level ears/experience, you can trust that a good mix will translate pretty well - but even the pros tend to have reference listening systems for double-checking how something will sound on a consumer-level system. But since most of us don't have that, it's even more important to check on multiple different setups.

Your song has to translate well on all sound devices. So you have to listen to your final mix on as many speakers and sound devices as you can. In a car, with earbuds, phone speaker, smart speaker, home theater, bookshelf speaker etc. Not on 1 speaker system.

My point is, don't focus on 1 audio output device.
this

Back