Whats the best software to Mix ?

Really isn't a best. If you're asking this question, that's a sign that you should be looking at the technicalities of mixing... Then you'll see there isn't really a best, there's really flavors of stuff.

Look up compression and eq basics...

Peace.

Every DAW is basically just a canvas. At the end of the day, it all comes back to fader, pan, and the quality of the audio. DAW choice comes down to workflow and preference really. DAW A won't give you a better mix over DAW B or C. Trust your ears!

I would use the DAW that you used to produce your track. That will probably be the DAW you know best and will be efficient for your workflow. There's not really a best DAW for mixing.
Good luck on the mixing!

It really comes down to skill and a good ear, not expensive or highly-rated software. I would take an experienced engineer who uses the basic software to mix my track over an amateur using expensive equipment. Select a software that feels comfortable with you and learn all about it.

I've found that Ableton Live is the most awkward if you just want to mix, it's good for producing and playing around with loops etc but other DAWs like Logic, ProTools and even Reaper are great.

This is one of those 'it depends' questions.

Because it depends on,

What is your preference? And Are you already using a daw OR are you looking for a daw?

The best DAW to mix on is the one the one that you prefer and enable you to work efficiently. For example I prefer Cubase due to its built in 'ready to go' channel inserts. I find them useful for basic tasks so it saves me a lot of time.

Back