What sample rate are you using ?

I, as my alter ego Pelle-Gross-O, make my beats inside a couple of virtual machines. You read that correctly. Name a producer who does that! Ha!
In both virtual environments, he sets the sample rez at 24-bit depth at 48kHz, and he doesn't even mix that down via the Render/Export feature because it executes the compiler to merge the BINARIES (offline DSP) in lieu of capturing the voltage, direct current of the sound (ANALOG). Pelle-Gross-O has a meticulous, keen ear that can discern between binary and analog mixdowns; the former bothers the livid shit out of him hence he doing the following DA (digital to analog) real-time conversion:

Pelle-Gross-O uses a VST plugin recorder pointing to the ADDA hardware outboard gear via the catalyst-bridge that gives me analog sound in a digital environment. Not the former "bounce to track" which only does logarithmic calculations of what it interprets the binaries to sound like recorded in the digital realm.

However when Pelle-Gross-O records so that it gives me more headroom per wave cycle (1 crest, 1 trough) at 64-bit dept at 48kHz, he uses recording programs on the host versus recording vocals in an virtual environment because memory swap for ASIO buffer sizes works better on a host versus virtual environments. Therefore there's less probability of I/O contention which that contention creates audible glitch sounds.

P.S.: Before Pelle-Gross-O real-time records his digital signal through a DA converter catalyst bridge, he also uses transformer diode and pentode VST plugins, which emulate voltage and direct current electric warmth which gives analog its "soul": best on the market are the following:

Kazrog IRON
Plugin Alliance Black Box HG-2
and Voxengo Warmifier

Last edited:
Back