What is multi tracking??????

Andy-K

Its just i make beats and am planning to send them to artists and chief keef recently posted this tweet:

"Who made A beat called "Working 136 E" I need multi tracks?"

if im not mistaken its when u export the individual mixer tracks...
so instead of exporting the song in its entirety...
u would go to ur export settings and choose split mixer tracks...
making sure each instrument used has a place in ur daws mixer....

a couple questions...
how'd he get to hear ur track...??
who did u reach out to on his team...??
r u going to charge him...??

@spaceman_ant: you are mistaken

multitracking is what we do when we record individual instrument parts at the same or separate times - that is the definition of multitrack recording - these can be real or virtual instruments or a combination of them

what keef is asking for is the original stems or individual instrumental tracks without knowing the right word to use - it shows because if he had used stems he would have saved 6 characters on the tweet

my guess as to the answers for the second part of your post is that the op is not the creator of the song in question but was asking a question so that they would understand what was being asked for in the future

Thanks... i need to write this down in my knowledge files so i dnt make this mistake again...
-good lookin band

OP what you're talking about I imagine, is commonly referred to as "tracking out", where you export a song split up as it's individual tracks (referred to as stems) i.e. kick drum, bass, snare, vocals, etc. etc.

It's just that nobody's gonna correct Chief Keef on grammatical errors over the internet :D

Multi-tracking, like Bandcoach said, is recording one source multiple times, for instance a lot of times when people record live piano they'll have it mic'd up from several angles with different mics so as to better record different aspects and tonal ranges of the instrument.

Imagine sprinters in a race all have to make it first to the finish line and they could race at the same time or they could race one after another and record their split times separately. Multi tracking is when you have sprinters going all at the same time.

Back