Vocals clipping because of speaker level or because of track

MarioMar

Hi guys.

I'm not sure if it's in the right section of the forum..

but I just realized that I never really turn the volume up when I'm working with tracks in general.
I'm in middle of making a vocal mashups..and just decided to raise my volume to see how it sounds in the loud volume.

I'm using reason, and in the mixer, nothing is clipping, and when I'm listening to my mashup the vocal sounds nice and clean,
HOWEVER, because I decided to listen to it with my speaker volume up.. I now hear some distortion.

How would I know if it's because my volume of the speaker is too high, or is there a distortion in the acapella file itself?
When listening to it in normal volume they sound pretty nice and clean.

thanks in advance!

-M

Certainly is because of your speakers, or even your amp feeding those speakers causing distortion! If you can listen to it nice and clean with your volume low on even at 12o'clock and you can't see any peaks on your master volume buss, then msut be from your speakers! Is it a raging distortions or just a slight distortion? Do you see your woofer banging when your volume is way up? What kind of monitors are you using? Powered or Passive?

Back