Unwanted sound when routing a track

Brian Infante

Hello! the thing is that when routing any track (for example a kick) inside another (empty) in the FL Studio Mixer I notice that for some reason it acquires a kind of extra sound, as if it were a filter or some effect (again, checking that there is nothing of that added yet) very subtle but annoying that I cannot describe with precision. Why does this happen? and more important, how do I fix it?

Please explain exactly what you are doing/trying, and why (??).

My suspicion is that you have unintentionally set up some kind of feedback loop, and/or are routing the track in such a way as to pick up the playback of the first track while recording into the second (is there a live microphone and speakers anywhere in the chain?)...

GJ

Please explain exactly what you are doing/trying, and why (??).

My suspicion is that you have unintentionally set up some kind of feedback loop, and/or are routing the track in such a way as to pick up the playback of the first track while recording into the second (is there a live microphone and speakers anywhere in the chain?)...

GJ
Im just want to put the fruity love filter in the drums to create that "underwater" efect only in the percussion. It works OK but when im rout any of the intrument to an empty channe/track/bus (not sure of how its says) i noticed that kind of annoying noise added to the sounds i routed to that channel with the filter,even when i turn off the fruiti love filter, even when im not putting a filter at all, and it disapear when im unroot the sound from that empty channel

Is there an insert effect on channel 16? What is it? Is the effect volume/wet-dry up on the effect?

GJ

And again— what is it exactly you are trying to accomplish by having the lead in parallel?

GJ

nope, there is no effect in that channel. What i want to do is put the fruity love filter to create the underwater effect just in the drums, thats why i want to root them separately in another channel

I would just use the filter as a buss effect, and only turn it up on that channel. Or conversely, use it as an insert effect only on that channel. Why are you routing yourself in parallel?

GJ

Back