UNDERSTANDING TRAP MUSIC...........LESSON 1... 808 trap BASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was joking about the mix off, me and you both know time is money and to mix for free for a forum is like throwing $1000 (what i charge for a mix) down the toilet, and I actually understand where your coming from......sorry if I came off defensive, I agree that I am sucessful for my age and its easy to be "cocky" because of my blessings so in light of the past remarks I made toward our fellow forum commenters.......im sorry for the insults

now that i'm done being an ass, do you master as well......anyone? I'm interested in analog summing but they don't use this in the upstairs studio(cash money studios) we currently only run the final 2track through the ssl 9000 for punch after its processed digitally (through protools10 hd).....any info would be appreciated!

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

i been thinking about the dangerous music summing equipment ....its getting nice reviews but I have yet to use one.......its supposed to be used alot on rock records and supposed to emulate that spacial detail and punch that older analog equipment "supposedly reveals"

@DS

Just running thru the SSL, you're already getting good results. Just my opinion, not calling anything "wrong", I wouldn't even waste my time doing that with some of the plug ins available today. It's just time consuming and while it gives you a different sound, it won't be respected across the boards as "better" by the target demographic.

I say that in connection to the trigger words "trap music" and "cash money artists". If you were talking Adele, I'd say, run it thru the SSL to a Tascam Reel to Reel to see what comes out of it! Even if the end result isn't what you wanted it would be worth the time for experimentation.

And as for throwing away money...I say alot of things that don't make sense on paper(as any good engineer should), again, no disrespect intended...but I don't care if I get paid $30k a mix, in a room of other engineers, if I'm called out for flat out telling them I know something they don't, I'd take the time to prove that to be true.

Could just be me though. If I had an SSL board and Reel To Reel nearby(I work out my home these days and do not)I woulda gave you a sound example with my last comments. :cheers:

Sorry, I do not and will not mix for free, I don not have to prove anything to you deranged, me and you both know that at my level (maybe your level too), nothing is for free, especially mixing. No disrespect but if "deranged" wants a mix for free and "lil wayne" wants a mix and pays for it, what would you do? Its quite simple. this forum I believe is for advice ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back