Understanding EQ / Everthing in its own space

Status
Not open for further replies.
music is the need of life as we know music can refresh the mind and we need space in life to have some joy with music.
guitar is very interesting device with this we can compose our own music if we know the fandas of guitar

EQ is the most important part of mixing and mastering. Too much or too little can make or break a track.
I roll off everything around 30hz. Even my 808s. Most of my instruments around 100hz.
Depending on what the instruments are "saying" or the feel of the track I may add certain frequencies to add excitement and feel.
Every mix is different and everything has its place in a mix. I use eq and compression to make space.

Good narrow band boosts can be useful for balancing as opposed to coloring. And sometimes simple is best...still love those 3position Abbey Road plug ins as well.

Great thread then and now... one for the bookmarks.

Last edited:
Can you offer any links to further increase my knowledge in this area? I'm a fairly new future producer who does not have the luxury to attend school but doesn't feel that this should hinder my chances at becoming a quality producer!! Please & thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back