Thoughts on FL studio? What is better for producing?

FL isn't my choice, but it's a good starting point and stock sounds seem ok. That said, Cubase, Ableton & Logic seem to be more industry standard in professional studios.

Hello,

I think that it all depends on the person...I would like to say IMO that FL is great for starting off and then branching out to other DAWs...this is a great explanation on DAWs to use along with a great explanation on who should use them: YouTube

Shit, I had a friend making bangers in garageband and I didn't even know until he told me.

The tool in the hands of a genius can do anything

it's kind of like asking a painter which type of canvas / pallet / brushes he uses.

they all work if you know what you're doing.

You can do it all with fl. I feel that other DAWs have lots of shortcut type scripts but fl can do it all if you're creative enough ;)

I used FL Cubase Logic Pro Tools and Ableton but now I use Reaper.. check it out if you get a chance, it's free and I love it

Really hard question to answer. Download the demo and try it out. A ton of producers use it. Personally I use Logic. I started out originally on FL.

Choose whatever feels right to you & where you are the most creative.

I personally make produce my music on the MPC Studio, because I like the hands-on approach. But later on, when it comes to the mixing part, I export every sound into Pro Tools for mixing & mastering.

But like I said, choose whatever you like the best.

You can also first try out the demo versions, and then decide which DAW fits you best.

Back