Is there a way to record clear vocals without a mic?

That's going to be a pretty difficult task. I found there was a pretty good mic compression setting on Propellerhead's Take app (as long as you recorded with headphones on and in a very clean room!!!).

Only a microphone really built to capture all the frequencies of the human voice is really going to not be a frustration at some point. I guess it depends on the level and amount of effect you're going to put on it. If you're going to use it like an effect, no problem. A clean, rich voice over organic instruments? Yeah quite a tougher task.

I guess the OP means “without a dedicated, task-specific external vocal mike?” Because of course your computer and phone have a microphone, and the only other commercially available option involves acoustic horn technology from a century ago...

The answer is— Not so much. Not if you want a high quality vocal recording.

GJ

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice!
I actually wanted to record my own vocals for remixes and covers. But I don't have a Mic. I guess using the inbuilt mic is gonna be terrible idea

Thanks for the advice!
I actually wanted to record my own vocals for remixes and covers. But I don't have a Mic. I guess using the inbuilt mic is gonna be terrible idea

Yes. Ultra-terrible.

The Best Microphone for an Under $50 Budget | Mic Reviews
Top 10 Best Condenser Microphones Under $50 – The Budget Workforce - AudioRumble.com
The Best Vocal Mic Under $50 For 2019 - Audio Mastered

If you're pursuing this as any hobby with income or legit professional, get yourself something. Start with a 58 and find a new or used audio interface. You're on your way.

Back