Is there an alternative to "MaxxBass" by Waves?

I never really liked Maxbass. The only one in that category of effect that I ever really liked was the aphex box (hardware). I have one and use it from time to time on urban records. Mostly I just use EQ though.

I was on an RBass kick for the longest time.. been growing out of it the better I get at working the low end. Same thing with the Slate plugins - the console and the tape machine. I first got em' and I was really into it. Then I realized they're actually not that great.

Max bass is great and is my go to bass enhancement efect! It works on young money records! Please dont listen to amateurs and outdated engineers!

This thread is so sad, delano22 thank you for being a great person by trying to set things right!

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

By the way for reference:

I used Fruity's bass boost on the kick drums of these two tracks:
The First Seed & The Producer ft Homemadesoul - Lets Fly by Koast Music on SoundCloud - Hear the world
The Producer ft Julianna McDuffie - Koast Music by Koast Music on SoundCloud - Hear the world

RBass on the kick of this one (bass gat is lower than kick on this)
The Producer & Homemadesoul - Never thought by Koast Music on SoundCloud - Hear the world

I couldnt tell u what i like better - i also have not done an a/b on rbass vs fruity bass boost but I can tell you the following: There are many ways to achieve what you want, nothing wrong with using a bass booster type plugin if it gets you the desired result, theres also nothing wrong with using alternative methods IF they get you the desired result.

Last edited:
Back