Teac Model 2A

dnapunk

I'm new to the forum here and after looking at alot of information and spending days , even months trying to find information I've come here. Here's the story: A while back an older friend of mine had a band and tons of music equipment. He was cleaning his basement out of the things he didn't want because he wanted to upgrade his equipment. He gave me a box of things he didn't want and said there was even more. He gave me about 10 RCA cables and a Teac Model 2A mixer in practically perfect condition. The only thing wrong was the top right Input switch was missing the color cap for the knob. I'm a little more modern with my equipment and have XLR microphones but I have the adaptive cables to convert to 1/4. My problem is I have little to nothing in knowledge about wiring this mixer to anything. I had it hooked up to my computer previously through one of the Aux Out and Line out ports. I'm young and don't know much about Buss Inputs , Cue outputs , and Access Send/Rcv but I know my way around musical instruments. The friend I knew never gave me the rest of the equipment he had which he told me on the phone after I got the mixer was the meter for it and a Reel to Reel deck. I don't blame him for not giving up the Reel to Reel. Seeing how computers are new and hip and filled with answers to questions I would have thought it would be easier to find out information on this thing but after 2 years, I can honestly say I'm confused out of my mind. So if anyone has any advice or simple explanations for me it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. ,
Mike

Here's an older thread on the model 2a TASCAM mixer...

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread/threadid/22160

There's a lengthy post from me in there but I have no idea what I said, but it may be helpful.

I'm not a huge fan of the model 2a, maybe 'cause I was stuck with one for 5 or 6 years as my primary mixer in the 80s. But I have talked to a few people who think they have a "unique" discrete circuitry sound... I never thought "hiss" was all that unique, myself. :D

hey Dnanarchist

write me at a pm. I saw your post about the TEAC 2A mixer you are struggling with. i recently got weirded out by the model 5. its 8x4x4 but i got all the sections and outputs figured out now so maybe i could help you. i understand the confusion of this little simple looking mixer. i always wonder whether mine is just semi-broken or if i really don't know what i'm doing! ...tinnitusscreams

Back