T-Racks by IK Multimedia for mastering?

basshead83

I'm thinking about buying the IK Multimedia's T-Racks stand-alone software for mastering my beats! Has anyone used or own this software? Is it worth the money?

I've used some T-racks stuff. It was okay ( I got it bundled with other software). I don't know about for mastering. I hear nothing but goot things about the UAD bundle and thats going to be my nexr purchase

There are 3 nicknames among many mastering engineers:

T-Wrecks

Hair-Ball

Blow-Zone

I don't know if that tells you what most of us think of them, but I'm sure it gives you an idea.

A) I agree - It's "okay" (at best) and can easily be forgotten about by using most native options.

B) "Mastering your beats" is generally a very bad thing to do if you're trying to get others to use them as beds. Mastering "your own" anything is generally a less than wonderful idea (but that's for another thread).

I know T-Racks in and out.

Out of all my plugins. T-Racks is in rotation on every project. It has a very brilliant sound as long as you know how to use them. I use them on my Mac G4 along with ProTools, but if you have a windows system, then they aren't that good. It sounds very ragedy and cheap on any windows system. It's the A/D converters. You have to really experiment with T-Racks to know what your fumctions are and how & when to use them.

esamuzic2 said:
Out of all my plugins. T-Racks is in rotation on every project. It has a very brilliant sound as long as you know how to use them. I use them on my Mac G4 along with ProTools, but if you have a windows system, then they aren't that good. It sounds very ragedy and cheap on any windows system. It's the A/D converters. You have to really experiment with T-Racks to know what your fumctions are and how & when to use them.
What the flying f**k are you talking about??????? The sound quality of s/w used to process sound once the audio is already in the computer has no relationship to the A/D converters............. A/D converters convert the sound going INTO the DAW. Once it's in, the converters are irrelevant until you need the sound to come out (in analog format).

And there's ZERO reason for s/w to sound good on one platform and not another - that's NOT how s/w algorithms work, skippy....

Yikes....
rolleyes.gif

Last edited:
You're a dummy blue bear.....

The A/D converters are different for each platform. Digi001, 002, 003 and the MBOX. And Protools runs differently between Mac and PC you idiot.

....^^ wow..lol??!!

Massive I've heard good things about the UAD bundle also, would you co-sign for UAD?

esamuzic2 said:
Hullo?

Are you saying that your hardware's A/D converters behave differently in Windows...?

THAT's certainly gonna be news to people.

esamuzic2 said:
The A/D converters are different for each platform. Digi001, 002, 003 and the MBOX. And Protools runs differently between Mac and PC you idiot.

The idiocy is on the other foot, cowboy.

A/D converters are hardware -- part of your audio interface, whatever it is. Period. They turn analog audio signals into 1's and 0's and feed them (via the whatever bus the interface uses) to the OS which feeds them to whatever audio engine is running in that OS... now if you want to say that different audio engines sound differently, that's a whole 'nother thing.

But that is NOT what you said.

Maybe before you call other folks "idiot" you ought to check your facts, ace.

Last edited:
esamuzic2 said:
Pro tools may run a little different in terms of efficiency or stability on a mac -vs- a pc (thats debatalbe these days) but you are DEAD wrong. ad/da converters have NOTHING to do with how a plug in sounds and don't even come into play once the audio is already in the box and T-racks are gonna sound exactly the same on a mac as on a PC

esamuzic2 said:

I'm slightly curious....
2 quick questions.

1. Do you know what an AD converter is?

2.What is it that you think happen to your AD converters when you switch computers/patfrm....

3 Do you think it's a good idea to know what you are talking about before calling someone an idiot.?

Last edited by a moderator:
T-rax = pretty much horrible....waves linMB = better.....uad = way freakin better....send you shyt to someone else = best bet..............................if its a "bed" for vocals....LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE

Sirflex10 said:
Massive I've heard good things about the UAD bundle also, would you co-sign for UAD?
If I had to stay "in the box" then there's no doubt I'd be using the UAD stuff extensively. And of course, for mixing, it's a no-brainer.

Back