T-Racks

Its a multibandlimiter/compressor/EQ. It's very good for loops, and it also has good presets for mastering. I haven't worked out how to make it do exactly what I want, but it does sound pretty good. The EQ can be used to correct any problems incase you mixed it on a dodgy set of monitors. The comp and limiter are good to get it sounding louder, and getting the highest possible signal. If you don't know what youre doing with the controls, then stick to the presets.

One thing I just got which is the same but better (although it doesn't look so cool) is WAVEBURNER.

i use T racks... and its really really good ! easy to use and bang on the dot :)

T-racks ....

hi tricky ..
itried messing around with t-racks ..
but it does change the way my tracks sound ..
but i am still not able to get the floor killer kik and bass sound from my tracks ..

i noticed 2 things ..
1. on my SBAWE64 if i turn up the bass, i get nice killer kik and bass sound from my track .. without that they sound ok ..
2. i tried using t-racks to improve low frequencies .. but i am not able to notice it .. i am using headphones .. is that ok ?? or should i preview the improved bass and kik track on some good studio monitors .. ??

please advise ...

love and light,
Devic from u know where .. :D

You should always listen back to your stuff on accurate speakers, because if you get your stuff sounding good on headphones, the chances are your headphones are going to be the only thing it does sound good on. If you've got a stereo, even that's beeter than headphones.

The best way to find out if your kick is kicking is to do some variations and stick it into the mix and pick the best one, monitoring with the speakers. To get a good sound its a lot better to do it in the mix, not on its own.

I basically agree with Mark. The tracking/mixing phases are the right place to drill in your sounds if at all possible. If you're forced to try to make corrections to a stereo mix you've got to try to zero in on the problems sounds and they often overlap frequency-wise with other sounds so it can be diff.

With regard to headphones, some people do swear by them (they tend to have very expensive headphones -- but for a 100 bucks you can get a much better pair of phones than speakers). Still, I've never warmed up to mixing on phones... however, I have always kept a decent pair around for checking mixes -- you can't have too many reference monitors to compare and contrast from funky little portables and car stereos to super-flat, super-ex 'real' monitors.

Last edited:
i use a pair of dodgy multimedia speakers, and a pair of HD570 cans.....and i love T-Racks and what it does. i usually pull up a preset and then work from there.

tweak the kick in ur recording sessions....like, boost 110 hz and 15 hz and cut 170 and 530 hz.... that sort of thing.
gotta go now, siyas! (am living in a warehouse in sydney in an industrial area putting together a newwebsite and a promo vid of my techno visuals....all very hard work).

go T-Racks!!! :D

thank you for all this help .. i have started saving for a good pair of studio monitors. time to start working ...
:)

love and light,
Devic

T-Racks Totaly Rocks...

T-Racks Does indeed rock. The Waves plug ins are also damn good. I cant decide which one I like more.

Back