Splitting Samples from Hypersonic Drum Kit to Different Mixer Tracks? How?

JAH The One

I'm using FL Studio 8, and on one of my tracks I decided to use a drum kit from Hypersonic 2. Played the drums on my axiom49 but what I didn't think about at the time was that I need to send my drums to separate tracks for mixing. But FL Studio/Hypersonic only allows me to assign that particular instance of Hypersonic to a single mixer track. Is there any way to assign separate notes on the midi to different mixer tracks? For example can I assign my Kick which is on C5 to mixer track 1 and my snare on D5 to mixer track 2 so I can eq/compress etc. them separately?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

i don't know how to do it in FL but you have to activate the hypersonic multi outputs. i don't think you can assign a certain note to one of the outputs in hypersonic though. you could just open 3 of the same drum kit and assign each to a different output (kick snare hats) and then you could mix them seperatly. if i were you i would switch to battery 3. you can have all of your drums on one midi channel (no switching back and forth from kick to snare) and then assign different outputs so you can mix them seperatly. if you can get the wav files for that hypersonic kit then you can just load them in battery and your set.

gotcha, i'll look into battery. It looks like I am going to have to go in and sequence the drums in the FL Step sequencer with individual samples. I usually do that but I wanted to play them on the midi for a more organic feel. Why does hypersonic 2 even have drum kits, they are kind of made obsolete by the fact that you can't mix the kick separately from the snare. I figured this couldn't be the case, but maybe so.

You can still use midi, just use FPC and assign each sample its own pad.

what i do, and i use this technique on the mpc is, that i will delete each sound, leave one, bounce and so on. i know it seems tedious but i've been doing it for years LOL

Back