special delay wanted

T

The Scientist

hi dudes....

im looking for a special eq-delay for my techtrance-productions....

i want the delay-sounds not in the same eq setting as the original - sound. so that the first one is normal and the delayd steps sounds like a bandpass or something else. i imagine, that the delay sounds very better in the mix with this...... do you know any plugin?
or better: is there any way in cubase 5 (groups?) to improve such an effect?

im realy looking

I can think of two similar ways of doing this in cubase. You could route the fx send from the channel you want to put the delay on to a group channel. On that group channel use the delay as an insert effect and be really vicious with the eq in cubase. Or, if that doesn't give a really 'filtered' sound use a filter plugin as the next insert effect.

Just thinking about it you might want to eq/filter first, that might give more of the sound you're looking for. All you need to do in that case is swap the order of the insert effects.

KasioRoks.

:)

kasio, thats very nice to read! thank you too marek.
i didnt know that cubase is able to rout only the fx of a channel into a group. i dont know how exatly, but if its possible i´ll find it.
by the way : im always very vicious with the eq in cubase. not willful, but i got the best results with a minimum of 2 or 3 eq´s. thats one point, i couldnt do mix without cubase in future.

:cheers:

jep, i got one, but im sitting at my job here and my boss si not so amused to see me burning cds, cause the datas here are like gold u know - but a big thank for the option u give. the name helps me alot .....:cool:

scientist you just need to click on the little box underneath the knob of the send. Then choose where you want it to be routed through. Simple.

KasioRoks

Back