SoundBlaster Live Platinum problem

DIGITUS

How do I enable this soundcard to allow for simultaneous record and playback? I want my recorded tracks to simply play as I record new tracks, but I don't want them bouncing down into these new tracks.

For example, I record track 1.Then I move down to track2. I record track 2 as track 1 plays aloud. The final result of track 2 doesn't include track 1 within itself. I'm using Magix audio studio 6 deluxe. I hate cubase so please don't even mention it. I know there has to be away to accomplish this. The Soundblaster Platinum documentation states it supports simultaneous record and playback.:)

Last edited:
Doesn't the SB software package include a Mixer, with a "Play" control window and a "Record" control window? I used the SB Live with the digital input to do just what you want (but on Sonic Foundry products). Make sure that under "Record" the only thing enabled is the mic or input that you want to record at that point.

(Sorry if you already tried this.):confused:

Thanks for the tip. However, I'm using a softsynth program instead of an external source. This is probably why I'm having trouble. It's really frustrating. I'm thinking about having this guy from my local music store come over and just show me what I'm doing wrong. I've been told he really knows his stuff. Once someone shows me, I'll be good to go. Others have given me great advice on this site, but I guess after a certain point obvious details aren't so obvious. I know I'll eventually figure this thing out...:rolleyes:

make sure to check settings (windows & software) I've had that problem before, and i think that's where the prob lied for me......every case can be different though...good luck, sound cards are evil !

most likely a software problem... as much as you dont wanna hear it... try cubase... or 10000000 times better try propellerheads REASON!!!!! absolutely increadible with no problems that ive seen posted anywhere...
sorry .. but i have had no problems from my SB platinum, running cubase, cubasis, reason, wavelab and recycle.....:victory:

sorry i also just realized if you are recording internal sources then you want the cards record mode set to "what you hear"...... try this if you havent though i imagine you have....

djdna...:victory:

if you don't like Cubase, try Cakewalk.... it's 2948794 times easier. And yeah, like someone said, it's most likely a software problem. Check all your settings, and everything.
good luck

not "What you Hear"

I know this doesnt apply to your problem but felt the need to respond to the above post. DO NOT select "What you Hear" for your recording input selection, otherwise it will record avery sound playing on playback. Only select the input you want to record, then it will play the sounds you have recorded and you can record on top but it will only record the track you played, muting out all other sounds.

:-)

Back