Sound Card Troubles

K

koto

Hello,

For several months now I have been using the e-mu card with its dps patchmix mixer and cubase. I have tried so many ways to get a clear sound. I shoud mention that I have a beringer 808 mixer.

I would be willing to spend a few hundred dollars to get a new shound card that would make my life easier. It ASIO settings between cubase, and patchmix are so complicated to set.

My question is this, is there a plug and play sound card aviabilbe where I would not be required to set the settings in an software mixer program like patchmix?

Thanks

What is the problem you are having?

You select the driver as Emu ASIO within Cubase.

You can use the default PatchMix session by clicking on 'new session' and selecting the default stereo or mutlitracker session.
Load either of these and you're good to go.

Every soundcard is going to have its own mixer. Just the nature of the digital world, but for the most part you just leave the faders at max output and do all of the routing and volume control in the host program, i.e., Cubase, Sonar, etc.

Another problem I always face is that the sound of the track that I am recording over, ends up being recorded with the vocals. And it is not because of my headphones or speakers. There is a clear sound being sent back to the recorder. Why do you think this is happening??

Thanks

Back