So I chose the Baby Bottle and the DMP3

P

PushinKeys

After about 3 weeks of researching and asking around I narrowed my Preamp choices down to 1. I only had 200 to spend on a preamp, So I got the M-audio DMP-3 after numerous recommendations and great reviews on every music site I checked.

I then narrowed My mic choices down to 2, Which were the Blue Baby Bottle and the Rode NT1000. So I got a great Deal from GC so I decided to go with the Baby Bottle.

Got home me and my boy set it up and it sounded smooth and warm. ( Im using an MBOX pro as my interface) Since I am only going to be recording RNB/POP singers/vocals I choose the babybottle because thats supposed to be its "specialty". At first I was Skeptical due to its small condenser and hype but this thing is def. worth it. But also let me state that if your gonna be recording rappers I woud go a different route. But overall the Baby Bottle and M-audio DMP-3 are a wonderful combination. Im used to recording with a Nuemann U87 and and Avalon 737 at the studio where I do all my reference vocals, and to be completely honest the u87/avalon of course sounds better but not by far and certainly not worth the price.

Im goin to take the baby bottle to the studio and run it through the avalon to compare it with the neumann u87, Im curious to see how much of a difference there really is in vocals.

Anyways I just wanted to write this to help anybody in looking for a mic/pre combo. Thanks

Back