Slate Touch Screen Mixer Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

fataltone

Holy Lamb Media & Ent.
Check this out came across it and think it's a game-changer and in 3-5 years will be what FL Studio has done for bedroom producers
there will be cheaper as in price range products to come I'm sure from other companies

right now it's for Pro-Tools but will be soon be able to use for all DAWs

-Coach Antonio

I'll be honest with you man. I've tried these out and they are literally just a touchscreen computer. Yeah the integration with Pro Tools is very very nice, but its just a big iPad. the touch screen isn't very responsive either. Concept is super amazing, but it falls horribly short of being really marketable and a worthy investment to me.

^^^Yeah, I kind of get the idea you may as well be integrating an ipad controller or using a touchscreen computer.

But all falls on the price, if they can manage to make this thing affordable, they may be on to something. Looks like it has to at least run $4,999 though.

Looks like it has to at least run $4,999 though.

Put 1 in front of that and you're close. They've got a 27" model in the pipeline that's under 3k - but suddenly it isn't half as cool when you take away the huge-ass screen. All props to Slate for actually putting this thing to the market, though, even if there'll only be a handful of people actually able to justify buying it.

Put 1 in front of that and you're close. They've got a 27" model in the pipeline that's under 3k - but suddenly it isn't half as cool when you take away the huge-ass screen. All props to Slate for actually putting this thing to the market, though, even if there'll only be a handful of people actually able to justify buying it.

Yikes!!! so...with that pricetag does this still have to be connected to a computer or does it run off it's own OS?

I got the impression it was a controller that still needed to be connected to a computer. I hope they manufacture these on call, lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, the one's we have at Guitar Center are $16,999.99. Plus, they still need some form of interface, like an Avid HD Omni, and a computer to run everything. You are basically paying for a big touchscreen that you'll more than likely end up using just your keyboard and mouse. I know I have.

People are absolutely raving about it on Gearslutz. However... they start raving about it after posts from Slate himself :). They're going to add support for Logic, Cubase, Studio One, and 1-2 other DAWs from what I've read on slutz.

IMO, this is something that will sell in big studios for maybe a year or two b/c of Slate's name and testimony alone. The real verdict will come after the name-hype wears off and people realize they could've just bought a really big touchscreen monitor.

They say the responsiveness is much better than the first trials but... eh. I'd rather have a console at that price. Not a $16k controller.

It's interesting though. But couldn't see myself ever actually buying one. It would have to be the same price of a big screen TV, b/c that's what it really is, a touchscreen TV w/ an integrated software mixer.

Back