Sending Track Outs, Email or File Sharing Service.

TySmash

I'm sending track outs to an artist, but he doesn't like the file sharing service I was using (largefilesasap.com). He keeps telling me to just email it directly to him, but i can't because the compressed folder exceeds the attachment size limit. I am currently using gmail, is there a service that allows for larger files to be attached to emails? How do you guys send the artist large files, is their a standard way to do it?

(edit: I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum to post this in)

Last edited:
Google drive (First time using it was like ten minutes ago) and Dropbox (I use it a lot to get files and send files. Whole Pro Tools and Reaper sessions.)

If you sign up for dropbox use my email for the referral (check your pm.) :)

I actually have a webhosting provider and use it to upload my tracks then provide links form my "own" domain much cleaner and total control..... 5 years for $120 + domain costs

I actually have a webhosting provider and use it to upload my tracks then provide links form my "own" domain much cleaner and total control..... 5 years for $120 + domain costs
That's not bad at all, I'm paying $10 a month with yousendit, and it's got a 2 gig max.

so-called unlimited bandwidth (250gb per month) and a max of 10g storage cost per year is $120, about the same as what you pay but the added security of knowing that it will still be there next year let alone next month

I'm going to go this route, thanks bandcoach, and everyone else who replied.

Back