Sending Sequences to a Computer .SEQ to .WAV?

D

DjDevine

Alright, I finished my sequence which is the intro to my song. I want to send it to my computer. I plugged in the USB, and when I send the sequence it brings it up as a .seq...

How can I make my sequence a .wav so that my computer can read it. It just brings it up as a blank document icon, and I cannot convert it?

What am I doing wrong, any advise would be awesome.. Thanks guys

It's hard to tell what you're doing wrong when you're not giving us any info about what you're using...

my bad... mpc1000 to a powerbookG4... right now i only have garageband.. but when when i transfer it, comes up as .seq, obviously cause it is a sequence. But, is there any way I can save it as a different format that the G4 will recognize. Or am I doing the actual export wrong itself

I don't think you can just export your stuff as audio - you'll have to record the MPC's main outs to the computer.

ohhh... gotcha... so a 1/4 cable to a firewire or usb would probably do the trick right?

DjDevine said:
ohhh... gotcha... so a 1/4 cable to a firewire or usb would probably do the trick right?

no...

1/4' out from the MPC into your soundcard... or sound interface...

alright cool..... is there anything special I need to do when i export the sequence from the actual MPC to the computer?

Back