Sending beats to an artist! Mix the beat or leave it unmixed?

I always tell people that you only get one shot so you should put your best foot forward. If an artist listens to your beat and its hitting harder, and louder than the next guys beat then yours might get picked over him. Soooo many people are making beats these days so any advantage you can have can make or break you getting a placement.

However, getting beats mixed and mastered can get really expensive. Especially when you're just getting started and not selling that many beats yet. So if you can get your mix sounding ok, maybe you can just get it mastered. That way the mastering engineer can give it a bit of a polish and make it louder so it can compete with other songs the artist might be listening too.

yea mxing ur beats make me stand out, hit me if u need a resonable pro mix and pre master 35$ [PAYPAL] pro tools 2018 + a bunch of outboard gears u cant go wrong !

You want to mix the beat and make it sound as dope as possible for a few reasons

1. You only get one first impression with an artist, and speaking from my own experience, I will immediately skip on a beat if it it's not sounding right
2. Leaving it "unmixed" makes it so the sound engineer has to do a lot of work in the mix to make your beat simply sound up to par, which is not efficient. you want that shit sounding dope already, so the engineer can make it sound unbelievable when mixed with the vocals.
3. Learning how to mix your own beats helps you cultivate your own sound, which is key in not sounding like all the other producers in the world. it's all about what comes out the speakers, which is more than just composition and arrangement

You should definitely mix your beat. Make sure that the levels are good & that the whole beat sounds good in general.
But don't spend too much time on the mix either, because if the artist picks a beat, it will be mixed & mastered by another engineer anyway.

And I wouldn't recommend paying an engineer to mix your beats. Learn it yourself & develop your own unique sound. There are tons of tutorials on YouTube, where you can learn to mix your beats and/or songs in general.

If I'm uploading or sending someone a beat to someone I just met then it will be all the way mixed. First impressions are everything. But if I'm closely working with an artist exclusively I may not. Simply, because we are both creating in the moment or the artist may want to change a few things. Saves time.

Back