Send Effect Reverb + Processed Drum Bus

kater45

Hello,

I have a question about reverbs on drums.

Let's say I have a kick drum, a snare and a hihat. I use a reverb as send effect on the snare and hihat and leave the kick dry. Now I want to apply some rather extreme effect on the whole drum bus, as for example an amp-emulation which drastically alters the sound of the drum bus, giving it some crunchy vintage sound.

Here's my question: As the send effect isn't affected by the amp-emulation, the reverbed snare and hihat sound completley different than the crunchy drum bus. How would you solve this?

Thanks in advance,

kater45

What do you mean by "drum buss," exactly?

Are you processing in parallel, do you have a combined drum buss/mix, or are you just calling all of your drum tracks cumulatively the "drum buss?"

If I understand you (see above, I may not), then you blend the two together to taste-- raw tracks with any added effects and your parallel drum mix with compression, separate effects, distortion, etc.

Think of your drum sounds as an actual kit in a room. You would have close mikes, stereo overhead, and maybe mono or stereo room mike(s). You can process those separately and mix to taste, it shouldn't be an "all or nothing" situation.

GJ

Back