Selling beats straight from MPC or Maschine

b.spade

How many of you sell beats straight from your drum machine?

Ive been producing/making beats since 2012 & ive honestly sold a handful off pure luck and good timing without ever actually having the intention to sell as all the beats ive ever made were intended for my own use, but Im looking to get my work out there more & actually getting into dealing(beats..) to artists. Thing is i'm actually looking to do it straight off my Maschine rather than importing stem by stem to a DAW. Something about the way the drums bang str8 from the source rather than all the exporting..plus I find the whole mixing/mastering process is a hell of a lot longer in a DAW. So my main questions other than the first would be..

How many of you have had a lot of experience doing this?

Do you have any tips on where & how to sell consistently whether thats online or clubs/record stores etc?

What kind of problems do you run into while doing so?

Also if theres any more selling tips & advice you could give to a young padawan or a younger YOU..what would that be?

Find a rapper that wants to buy what you are selling? LOL

Seriously doe.

Call it straight out da maschine and charge $50 an hour to crank em out. It's what I do.

Something about the way the drums bang str8 from the source rather than all the exporting..plus I find the whole mixing/mastering process is a hell of a lot longer in a DAW.

First, if you're not doing a digital conversion upon exporting, there is literally zero difference between the two sources. Second, you know you can open the program as a normal plugin within a DAW, right? You don't have to create in stand alone mode and then export... Lastly, do you usually use DAWs? Or are you not very used to them? Because recording/mixing within a DAW is literally what they're meant for.

There is also the whole thing that when the guy who buys your beats wants to use them, he's going to be recording into a DAW and the engineer is going to need those stems because the beat was made independently of the vocal recording and there may or may not be a few issues with masking and such that will need to be addressed. That being said, I would try finding some local artists that like your work. You might try to contract with them on a per-song basis. I've known a guy who did that with 2 or 3 different local artists and he did pretty well for himself (as a side gig, ofc), with minimal work.

First, if you're not doing a digital conversion upon exporting, there is literally zero difference between the two sources. Second, you know you can open the program as a normal plugin within a DAW, right? You don't have to create in stand alone mode and then export... Lastly, do you usually use DAWs? Or are you not very used to them? Because recording/mixing within a DAW is literally what they're meant for.

Lol yes im aware i can integrate maschine as a plug in into my DAW. I still prefer to solely jam in maschine though when i can. Also know DAWs are made for that. My point is I notice when I make a beat just in maschine little to no mixing is required, i slap a compresser, limiter and a touch of reverb etc on the master bus and it sounds great to test on everything. Logic on the other hand requires more tweaking to get it to sound a certain way. & i know this from the years of my experience.

Lol i must say ive always loved the way ya'll producers answer questions with a touch of "this guy must be retarded" in your answers.

My main question was if anyone sells beats STRAIGHT from the drum machine to an artist.
Then asked for some tips you could share with me as well as the community for anyone else who would like to know & to make the thread a bit more interesting for readers lol

I know what a DAW is. Ive recorded, mixed, mastered, bounced & tested for audio translation on multiple sources for countless hours like the rest of ya'll.

Now i know majority of producers on here have a lil twisted sense of humour from reading on here for so long. Lol but fact is i asked a question, worded it kindly. So answer kindly or kick rocks.

But thank you for answering lmao:pointing:

Last edited:
Lol yes im aware i can integrate maschine as a plug in into my DAW. I still prefer to solely jam in maschine though when i can. Also know DAWs are made for that. My point is I notice when I make a beat just in maschine little to no mixing is required, i slap a compresser, limiter and a touch of reverb etc on the master bus and it sounds great to test on everything. Logic on the other hand requires more tweaking to get it to sound a certain way. & i know this from the years of my experience.

Lol i must say ive always loved the way ya'll producers answer questions with a touch of "this guy must be retarded" in your answers.

My main question was if anyone sells beats STRAIGHT from the drum machine to an artist.
Then asked for some tips you could share with me as well as the community for anyone else who would like to know & to make the thread a bit more interesting for readers lol

I know what a DAW is. Ive recorded, mixed, mastered, bounced & tested for audio translation on multiple sources for countless hours like the rest of ya'll.

Now i know majority of producers on here have a lil twisted sense of humour from reading on here for so long. Lol but fact is i asked a question, worded it kindly. So answer kindly or kick rocks.

But thank you for answering lmao:pointing:

Firstly, Any "hidden meaning" in my reply that you may have perceived is a mistake in interpretation on your part. Secondly, I did answer two of your questions, including your main question, and explained my answers in my second reply. If you chose not to acknowledge them, that is not my issue and certainly does not reflect on me in the way you describe. In fact, your reaction reflects much more strongly on you than anything or anyone else. Lastly, I'd like to point out (Kindly, might I specify, so there is no further issue) that not everyone who deals in audio recording, mixing, mastering and production are "producers". A producer is a specific title with a specific job and purpose within the recording process. Now that I have answered again, kindly, I will kick rocks as you suggest. But you're welcome for the answer lmao:pointing:

lol christ.. now we're going into what a producer is....we are on futurePRODUCERS so i called it like it is

ANYWAYS..back to topic.. anyone who actually wants to teach rather than trying to school, would love to hear some valuable knowledge.

Last edited:
Just network and market yourself. That's the only way people are going to know who you are and what you have to offder.

A lot of people won't care that you're just exporting straight from your device. If someone wants stems and you don't want to do it, tell them that you don't do that. If you're looking to make more money, charge for the stems (nothing wrong with charging for your time).

Back