Rode NT 1

L

lykwyd chykyn

I'm thinking about getting a Rode NT1 for recording vocals and such. Anyone got one? Had one? opinions? I figured $200 or so is my maximum budget for a vocal mic, and you can snag one of these for much less than that on Ebay these days...
Any thoughts?

Peace,
Lykwyd Chykyn

lykwyd chykyn said:
I'm thinking about getting a Rode NT1 for recording vocals and such. Anyone got one? Had one? opinions? I figured $200 or so is my maximum budget for a vocal mic, and you can snag one of these for much less than that on Ebay these days...
Any thoughts?

Peace,
Lykwyd Chykyn

Rode mic's are awesome.

Theyre made locally here by some pretty talented guys.

I sell them to customers with utmost confidence. I have an NT1 sitting in my home studio at the moment. Theyre great, from what I understand it's their Neuman u87 clone and industry bigus dickus aside, it's a quality mic for vocal performances.

Not sure how much you will pick them up for over there.

I have an NT-2 and it's a great mic. The NT-1 is the sister version, so I presume it will be a pretty good one too !!

Had a chance to work with one a bit; I think I'm going to pick one up when I can justify the cash. What I need more than gear are some clients....

I have them, and I'm quite pleased with them. I am no real expert, but they seem to be quite good value and quite "no nonsense". Not fancy, but it does the job well. Quite transparent on vocals and acoustic guitars.

Back