Rhythm-detecting software?

mikehende

Reggae music in particular have lots of songs made which contain the same rhythm or bassline, in other words, if you take the vocals out of different songs, you will find that the rhythm and bassline are the same or very close, Jamaican DJ's use these songs to beatmatch. I am looking for a software which will detect all songs in a library which will have similar rhythms/beats for this purpose.

Mixmeister Fusion I think will detect all "mixable" songs in a library so I don't think this is what I want?

To clarify, I'm not looking for a bpm counter but rather something which can tell you which songs have the same exact rhythm and beat for example, you familiar with the 2 pop songs "Holiday" [Madonna] and "Holiday Rap" [MC Mike and DJ Sven], both are the same exact songs basically, mainly the vocals are different so I am looking for a software ahich can scan a library and tell you which songs have the same basic rhythm and beat like the above 2 mentioned.

Last edited:
Doesn't hurt to ask or stop trying, right? BTW, the object or problem here is not to find two or more songs "which go together", this can be done with various softwares. If you ask any older Reggae-specializing DJ [Jamaican, in particular], they will tell you that that there are not ony 2 or 3 reggae songs which have the same exact rhythm and beat but lots more, I can't give a figure but there are lots of different songs with more than 20 variations of a particular song and this is what makes it hard to remember all of those so I can go choose them one by one and place them in whatever categories.

Where the rythms are within a few BPM of each other, get your sample and use time compression/expansion, found in most up-to-date DAWs.

Similarly, if they are not matched in terms of key, you can apply pitch shifts of a few semitones or more without altering the rhythmic quality.

Back