The 'Reverse Music Effect'?

i can faintly hear what you are talking about in that song. from the melody that sounds like it would be a very contrasting effect to have in that song.

to get the effect you want you can open up your sampled loop of choice in just about any wave editor and select reverse under tools, or effect menu. save the reverse loop. open the loop up in your choice sequencer and start adding harmonies and or percussion to it.

I didn't click the link, but maybe if you can find a reverse delay plugin.

I never saw one myself, but the fantom has an effect that gives a reversed delay as a preset. What Josey wrote should work pretty well also since a lot of tracks here and there tend to do similar.

Doing a reversed delay or reverb is dead simple...

All you need to do is get the part you want to apply it to, open it in whatever wave editor you do and reverse it. Then add delay or reverb to it and reverse the part again so you have it the original way round but with a nice delay or reverb at the start.

Cheers,
Filo.

reverse(forward delay)effect was is used in bonnie and clyde 2pac and jay z's version. there are plenty of ways to skin that cat. it would probably sound better if you did any reversing after you have added the melody.

you can even record the loop for x amount of bars and then copy it to another track reverse it and lower the volume and slide it over to your liking.

koa, have you tried any of the advise given yet?

I haven't tried anything yet, as my computer decided to crap-out. Thank you all for the help! I'll be trying everything posted as soon as my desktop is back up and running.

Thanks!

Back