Recording Software

DJ_Kalm-plex

What's a good recording/editing software to record your mixes on the computer. I'm using Goldwave right now, but does anyone know a better and easier software to work with? I appreciate the info!!

DJ Kalm-plex

I never have used that one!

I have never used cakewalk.com but I have downloded these programs, and they seem to work well. They are all free, and just take a little time to download.I just thought you would like to know about them.
If you like you can visit my website, and find links there to these and other programs.
http://www.sofnet.com/~eaglefeather
:)

I use Cooledit 2000+

I find it better for recording longer sets as it take up less resources than Soundforge.. and it can save directly to mp3..

main drawback is you dont have the record clip meter that soundforge does, so i usally set the levels with SF, then reboot, disable all the crap (antivirus, realplayer startcenter etc.)and record fresh.

Another thing is you can record straight to 48000 (DAT quality) then downsample it to 44100 when you save it if you're saving to wav to be able to edit in soundforge.

I do this many times a week and it seems to work ok..
.02$

i.n.s. said:
. . .Another thing is you can record straight to 48000 (DAT quality) then downsample it to 44100 when you save it if you're saving to wav to be able to edit in soundforge. . .

Doesn't that slow the sample down? I tried that once, and it dropped the BPM's by 15 or so (I'm guessing). I 'converted' it, so I don't know if that is the same as 'downsampling' it.

Back