[Recording] Question regarding turntable connection

Tallen

The Beatsmith
Yoo!

Okay, so I'm trying to get my Numark USBTT to connect to my computer (not through usb).

Would I need an RCA to 1/4 inch cable? I'm rocking with Mackie Mr5mk2 monitors and the scarlet 2i2.

Or RCA TO XLR?

i'm simply wanting to rip from my vinyl through my interface instead of the phono preamp that comes with the turntable

It shouldn't matter. I'm assuming your interface is able to take at least 2 XLR's or 2 1/4 inch cables? Since it's coming out of your table as RCA, it seems a little ridiculous to go for XLR's. I'd just get a standard RCA to 1/4 cable with two plugs on each end so it's stereo.

Numark TT has a built in preamp so a RCA/Phono cable and a couple phono-2-jack connectors are all you'll need to connect turntable to Scarlett.
I have to run my Scarlett preamps at about one'o'clock.

Hell yeah, what is a "phono" connector?

A RCA-1/4"Jack cable is the only right answer. The XLR part of the 2i2's inputs is for microphones only.
And are you sure the build-in phono preamp is also assigned to the analog outputs of your TT?

Hell yeah, what is a "phono" connector?

A RCA-1/4"Jack cable is the only right answer.

Phono/RCA same thing - I could go to Maplins (I guess this is British equivalent to RadioShack) and ask for either - I'll get what I need.

'Assigned' probably a poor choice of words on my part. TT has a built in phono preamp - you assign whether the circuit passes through it with the switch as Krushing described more eloquently than I did.

Last edited:
Back