Recording Help!!

renzo1200

Needing assistance connecting my mixer to my sound card in order to record in Sound Forge. Computer specs are top notch, but only problem is I have a basic sound card. Is this possible?? If anyone can give me some insight on what I'm doing wrong,,,any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading,,,

You will need to be more specific. What sound-card are you using and what is the problem?

KasioRoks

Hey KasioRoks,,,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm basically using a stock sound card called Santa Cruz. The problem is not knowing how to configure the sound card to where I can get sound and ultimately record in Sound Forge. The back of the sound card has several outputs. I'm following the directions in the Sound Card Manual Operating Instructions to connect an external receiver/mixer, but to no avail. I'm not sure if the problem lies with my Sound Card/Connection or Sound Forge. I hope that's enough information. Let me know if it's still unclear.

Thanks in advance.

OK, don't know if you've just used the wrong terms, but if you want to record into Soundforge or whatever you need to be looking for the inputs (as opposed to the outputs) on your soundcard. It sounds as though you are following instructions that are about connecting your stereo (or whatever) to your soundcard in order to be able to hear what's coming out of it - for that arcade type action. If I'm completely wrong let me know and I'll try again:)

KasioRoks

you can record with it, but you will have a lot of ground noise

Ladies and Gentlemen,,,

I was finally able to configure my sound card correctly to where I'm recording in Sound Forge (Whoooohooo!!!). However, my new Wav files have a subtle distorted sound when I play them back.

Now, my turntables are connected to a Harman Kardon receiver. When I play records I hear a distorted sound from the speakers. Is the distortion caused from not having a pre-amp connecting the tables to receiver.

Any help again is greatly appreciated. :cheers:

I think the distortion is caused by too much input into the soundcard. Lower the volume on your receiver and increase the input of the soundcard.

dj cream

Back