Recording in Garage, How to Make the Best of It?

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]I am going to be recording rap vocals in this garage, and I’ve previously recorded in my room with a Rode NT1A Mic, scarlett Interface, and a reflection filter. The recordings turned out decent, could definitely hear the room (before vocal processing) in ones where I stood farther back from the mic.

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Can’t find a studio and can’t record in my room anymore, so I’m setting my shit up in my garage. It’s pretty big, but the main issue is that the floors are that smooth concrete shit you typically find in garages, and I’m pretty sure that’s going to cause some serious reflection issues.

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The garage is in the shape of a rectangle. The outlets are on on the width part on the left if you just drew a rectangle picture of the garage. So I could either face the wall closest to me with the reflection filter in front of me, or I can face towards the wall on the opposite side of the room with the reflection filter in front of me. Not sure which one is best.

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]How can I make the best of this? Should I try to hang up some blankets and put a mat under my feet to reduce some of the reflection? Should I face towards the wall closest to me or towards the opposite wall into the open room? I think there is another outlet along the length of the room and towards the corner. Want this shit to sound good since I worked hard on writing these songs and am going to be paying for decent mixing/mastering.[/FONT][/FONT]

Back