recording in fl studio 9, only records in left side??

Shands

Dj Shands
Hey guys, that's the problem. Just learned how to record in fl, and I realized while recording I can only hear my self on the left headphone, and when I play it back its the same. I've seen similar posts and think its something to do with the mono and stereo, but honestly couldn't find an answer! I make my beats in fl studio and I would like to stick with it to record too, and I was using audacity b4 so yea..

Hey guys, that's the problem. Just learned how to record in fl, and I realized while recording I can only hear my self on the left headphone, and when I play it back its the same. I've seen similar posts and think its something to do with the mono and stereo, but honestly couldn't find an answer! I make my beats in fl studio and I would like to stick with it to record too, and I was using audacity b4 so yea..

Are you recording onto a stereo track? If you are, STOP!

You are recording a standard mono microphone onto a stereo track, which means you are recording your audio onto the "left" or "right" channel... leaving the opposite channel silent.... causing you to hear your recording from only one side... the one side you actually recorded your audio to.

Record to a mono channel.

Oh ok, sorry if I sound dumb, but so I keep the song the way it is and record in mono...thanx for the advice this stuff is a pain! Also if anyone has any more tips for recording in fl id appreciate it, such as what to have for the in and out on the master insert and the recording insert?? That's really confusing me now!

Back