Realtime Filters

D

--DJ17--

Hi I'd like to know how to make realtime filtering with loaded samples in the MPC2000(like looped vocals starting to get "opened" during an intro)

tchau!!

Yeah sure...All kinds of house music uses filtering a lot and I wanna know if I can make it on my MPC. If It's not possible, what is the other way to make it?

This is info for a S3200 but I think you may have the same filter board. Use your manual to translate.

Each Program should have keygroups. In the filter section you should have a cuttoff for the filter. This can be set to be controlled by the modulation controller. Set this to a value , this value will be added or subtracted from the origional filter setting. Use the modulation wheel on your keyboard to open and close it. Or you can set it to an LFO and use the LFO page to set the LFO how you desire.

Alternately check out the Electrix Filter Queen if you can still find one now that they're discontinued. Totally midi controlled, 2 and 4-pole real analog filters that can be LowPass, HiPass, BandPass, or Notch, programmable LFO (with tap tempo, tempo knob, or midi sync, and several wave shapes), CV control, analog distortion unit, envelope following, phono preamp if you need it, and did I mention total midi control? Every parameter can be automated, and the state of all knobs and buttons can be transmitted with a simple CC message. I'm thinking of writing a librarian script with MidiOx.

It looks like the Akai has about the same stuff, but with an extra channel, but for scads more money than the electrix are going for now. I picked mine up for $169 canadiann-- they're normally $599. Woohoo! I think they're going for about $99 us right now. Check it out, you will not be dissapointed. (unless you turn the resonance past halfway and pierce your eardrums)
-mj-

Back