Problem with plugin delay?

So basically I've been looking for some practice in mixing over the past several days. I seen some mixing contests on indaba open and I figured this would be a good opportunity since people don't normally just hand out project stems.

My intentions were to actually submit for the contests but I am enjoying the practice way too much to be satisfied just yet. My latest mix is a bunch of stems from a Jonas Brothers song, which is not exactly my taste in music... but in this business I figured being close minded won't get you too far.

Anyway I got to routing out my mixer, applying all the latest techniques I've learned when I started getting processor heavy. I'm not yet having problems with audible clicking or popping but for some reason I am getting a delay on the guitar track and everything else is synced up and playing on time. I am using FL Studio and I have automatic plugin delay compensation enabled. What can I do?

I've included an A and B comparison as an attachment mp3. One is with the suspect guitar and the other without.

Note: I know the mix may seem a bit off balance (right heavy), I am aware of this. I meticulously panned everything to where I had an open spot for the vocals to sit (which balances it out).

Attachments

• Jonas mix progress without guitar.mp3
    7.8 MB · Views: 12
  • jonas mix progress with guitar.mp3
    7.8 MB · Views: 7
If you're experienced enough to notice that you're getting processor-heavy, then that is probably the culprit.

I don't know anything about FL, but I do know that if you have delay compensation, then you probably have settings on it.

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYUZQz099dQ

Hope this helps.

Google is your friend. and the Utuber.

Peace.

Man, if you're interested in doing this for the long term, then get used to reading the manual and watching tut vids on everything you got.

Peace.

Back