Pro tools

Johnny Slash

Im hoping im posting this in the right section. hi im new to this forum and was wondering if pro tools is a good choice for a new daw.
never used it but ive seen people mix beats with it and have recorded vocals for tracks etc. right now im using mixcraft and the workflow it slacking a little.
i dont know, what do you think?

I think it's a good DAW, but there are plenty of other good DAWs that are just as good. Pro Tools also costs quite a bit more than a lot of DAWS (way too much in my personal opinion).

As Mad Phonetics said, it's up to your preference and workflow. Pro Tools, FL Studio, Abelton (I think), Studio One, and others all have either a trial or free version that you can test out! My suggestion would be to try before you buy.

I know a guy who has been an audio engineer for many years, he uses pro tools to this day to mix and master for artist. So my guess is that its a good mixing software if the professionals are using it. Just make sure you know what you are doing!

I know a guy who has been an audio engineer for many years, he uses pro tools to this day to mix and master for artist. So my guess is that its a good mixing software if the professionals are using it. Just make sure you know what you are doing!

Back in the day it was the only tool pros would use...Logic, Cubase and other big names have been around for almost nearly as long, but PT offered the first truly, well, professional audio recording system with its own hardware DSP acceleration platform and whatnot. So a lot of its fame comes from those times, as many many pro studios were built around the "only" viable pro system. After that, they sort of refused to change when other DAWs went forward and reinvented themselves - PT was sort of left behind in some aspects (even though it continued to be a great "classic" audio mixing DAW). Only in the few latest iterations (PT 10/11) have more or less caught up with the competition again. So yeah, it's a "good mixing software" but not so straightforwardly so as one might be inclined to think...

Back