Pro tools 12 Vs Ableton 9 Vs Logic X - For recording vocals

a.chassum

What do you feel gives you the most freedom with Recording and editing vocals out of

Pro tools 10/11/12 Vs Ableton 9 Vs Logic X?

I am interested to know

ABLETON offers a little bit more creatively, as that's what it seems to be geared more toward.

PRO TOOLS and LOGIC have more of a traditional feel but provide pretty much the same options as ABLETON, though most of it's more easily accessible in ABLETON.

Quality-wise for recording, I think PRO TOOLS offers the best. I wish I would've learned in PRO TOOLS rather than LOGIC, but I definitely don't think I'm missing out on anything too crucial.

Quality isn't affected by DAW. Your own skill and experience will determine quality for the most part. I prefer editing in Logic (I have never used Abelton). It seemed like editing was quick and easy for a lot of different types of editing.

All 3 probably have the same functionality, but you'll need to spend some time leaning how the one that you end up using works. Maybe check out some demos the see what best fits your needs?

Try Reaper 5, the daw is amazing and can do anything the others can do for a fraction of the cost. You can also use it for free for as long as you like but support the developers and purchase a license for only $60 REAPER | Audio Production Without Limits There are also a great deal of training videos on their site that will teach you exactly how to use it based on your needs.

As a long time Ableton Live user, I wouldn't really recommend it as a vocal recording suite. It's workable, but there's no system for comping takes together, which can be a bit tedious.

None, since everybody's different.
The best one's the one that sticks.

The one or ones[rewire] that just stick for whatever.

None, since everybody's different.
The best one's the one that sticks.

Well, usually my answers are along these lines - but in this case there's a specific focus, and some DAWs have better tools for this than others. And some, like Ableton Live, just don't have those tools.

If you are good at sound engineering, which means you're going to record and final mix it yourself, it's really all about preference and which one you find easiest to use.

If you're planning on getting your music mixed professionally in a major studio, Pro Tools is probably your best option because it is usually standard there and it will save you time.

Ive been producing my work in FL series. Currently using FL11 and FL12 Via desktop and laptop. I get pretty nice vocals, but im thinking about upgrading to the RodeNT1A updated one.

I work in Pro Tools 11. The comping tool is pretty nice, and comping vocal takes is essential. I wasn't aware that Ableton lacks this.

Just a reminder, Pro Tools 10 is 32-bit. That means outdated plugins, and it can only access 4 GB of RAM. Also, it can't bounce offline.

Pro Tools 11 is much better, but it can't freeze tracks. Pro Tools 12 can freeze tracks, but it's a subscription model. Yuck.

I've used Reaper for some more straightforward band projects and it works very nicely for that stuff. Cheap, constantly evolving, light footprint & great active forums for support.

Pro Tools has personally been the easiest daw to record in, especially when setting up CUEs. But I wouldn't say it's the best but maneuvering a blank session in pro tools for a recording session has never been time consuming for me.

I've used Pro Tools with no experience at all and learned a decent amount of basics. I think Pro Tools is definitely the standard for DAW's and is good for beginners to experts. Definitely have more of a user friendly interface and feature set. But I have not been able to learn enough in Ableton or any others to compare yet.

Back