Presonus audiobox USB gain doesn't work

mguz11

Hey guys hoping someone could drop some knowledge on me. So I have been using my audiobox USB interface for about a year now with no problems, but all of a sudden when recording vocals, the input signal is very weak. It used to have a nice fat wav form when recording and now it is tiny and thin. The volume seems to be ok but when I play with the gain (turn down or up) there is no change in volume. Could my interface be shot? It was only a hundred bucks so I suppose I could get a better one but I would rather not since this one seemed to be working fine. Any help on the subject is greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the reply! So I use a groove tubes gt66 tube mic, and yes 48v is engaged. Here is the weird thing, I tried recording with 48v turned off just for shits and giggles and it records the exact same volume as when it is turned on.

And you're using a standard XLR-XLR cable? Have you checked the cable? Because this suggests that either phantom isn't working or it isn't getting to the mic. An XLR to 1/4" won't work, and of course it's more likely that the cable has failed than that the interface has mysteriously stopped working.

Yeah just a standard xlr to xlr cable. I don't have any spare cables but a buddy of mine does I can ask to borrow his. Hopefully it's just the cable a lot easier to replace. I appreciate your help with this!

Back