premade drum loops vs making your own?

Keitomine

So I've been experimenting with premade drum loops as of late. I like using high hat loops under what ever loop I make, because they usually sound a lot better and add dynamics to my tracks but I started a track where I heavily use premade loops, and I like the way it sounds over anything I've ever made.

Do you guys use premade loops? Is it good practice? I used to be against sampling, aside from crashes and certain drum hits, but now I'm starting to just go with it and sample heavily, as far as drums goes.

I don't think it really matters. Most electronic music uses samples. Whether a single shot, a drum loop, or a loop made from a record, it's all a sample of something someone else made.

Just make your own sounds from those samples and give credit where it is due (whoever owns the copyright).

I always say making your own is the best way to become familiar with making good drums. And it's more fun anyway :)

I don't think it really matters. Most electronic music uses samples. Whether a single shot, a drum loop, or a loop made from a record, it's all a sample of something someone else made.

Just make your own sounds from those samples and give credit where it is due (whoever owns the copyright).

I typically always make my own loops. it's a good way to practice mixing drums, but the premade ones are just so good. After using them this time It's crazy.this is a preview of what I made without making any loops of my own. But I will use my own in the breakdown.

This is an EXTREMELY late reply lol. To answer your question, yes I do use loops, but I edit the living daylights out of them to make them "my own". But apart from that, I make everything else.

Back