Power noise from keyboard

oobicabanks

I don't know if this is really the right place but I hope someone here can help me.

I have a Roland FA08 keyboard and it's jack output is making an electrical noise so i can't record it. I wondered if there's any fix for this? Or at least a diagnosis. I'm posting a sound snippet and hopefully someone can identify what it is. It features the idle sound of my keyboard whilst on, followed by the sound of me turning it off (pretty cool sound, just not desired right now) and then a few seconds of the sound while it's off. It even continues to make this sound when unplugged. I guess this means it's some sort of grounding issue, but I need someone to confirm. Ideally someone who knows things about this stuff. And then maybe they could tell me if there's any way to sort it? Does it involve taking the keyboard apart? Can Roland help me? It's second hand so i guess the warranty is void... :/

Apologies, I'm rambling.

You may be able to tell I'm a bit of a moron so any help is appreciated.

Also, please appreciate that I'm high right now and I've spent the last half an hour trying to figure out how to upload a sound file on this forum... turns out Ableton can't export in raw mp3 and this site only takes mp3 sound files... I had to get a convertor app... anyway I'm not bitter.

Thanks in advance.

M

Attachments

• Keyboard noise mp3.mp3
    438.8 KB · Views: 2
Hey,

I always convert my WAV files to mp3 files with Itunes. Just drag them in, right click on it and create MP3.

I have the same problem with my keys, but it's almost not audible. I would try the following things:
1. Try another cable
2. Try to minimize the sound by putting the volume on your keyboard very low and the audio interface high
3. You could try another power source, maybe without extender, but I don't know if that really matters
4. You could try to keep other electric stuff away from your cable/keyboard/audio interface. It could interfere
5. But it could also just be your keyboard output. Mostly music stores repair everything, but it costs money indeed.

Hope one of these things helps. I'm also not really an expert :)

Back