Is It possible

somethingdope

Hi i love making beats but i have no experience in mixing and mastering i make beats all day but i don't get those EQ's, compressors, or filters.. :( is there a way to become a famous beatmaker without mixing and mastering because i have local rappers who love my beats but they aren't mixed and i know that's not good. if not that are there any books someone could point me to? i only make hiphop beats too i dunno if that matters but in case there's different styles of mixing for different genres.

To put it bluntly: you will never become famous or well-known if your mixes sound like garbage.
I would suggest YouTubeing some compression and EQ tutorials specific to your DAW, that's what I did and my mixes don't sound bad at all.

Become a famous beatmaker without learning the art of producing beats? I wish real world is like that. (and I'm not even into hiphop, r&b)
Mixing and mastering is only a part of the process. I would strongly recommend you to give some serious attention to song arrangements and sound selections.

Hi i love making beats but i have no experience in mixing and mastering i make beats all day but i don't get those EQ's, compressors, or filters.. :( is there a way to become a famous beatmaker without mixing and mastering because i have local rappers who love my beats but they aren't mixed and i know that's not good. if not that are there any books someone could point me to? i only make hiphop beats too i dunno if that matters but in case there's different styles of mixing for different genres.
All I have to say is, if you really love your craft, you learn anything that will enhance it. :cheers:

Last edited:
As stated above, if you love making music that much, you will go and research and look into how to Mix and Master .... If you can do it all your own the right track to doing whatever you wish :)

You've come to the right place. Browse the boards, use the search function when in need, ask questions when needed (after using the search). The best place to start if you have no clue at all would be the stickies at the top of this section. Good luck.

You should have a tentative knowledge of the mixing process. That said, most of the famous producers I've worked with are not particularly good mix engineers. Some are. Most are ok. But good? Nope.

Mixing isn't science. You do things to make things sound good. There isn't really a "correct" way to mix. If you are good at producing, your mix with no processing on it at all should be half decent. Just make sure the music is really really good, and really really yours. Those two things and you can certainly become successful/famous/whatever without being good at mixing.

You should have a tentative knowledge of the mixing process.

That doesn't really make sense.

[h=3]ten·ta·tive/ˈtentətiv/[/h]
Adjective:

1. Not certain or fixed; provisional: "a tentative conclusion".
  2. Done without confidence; hesitant: "tentative steps".

Did you possibly mean to say something like "basic knowledge" or "rudimentary knowledge" or "general knowledge"?

Back