Please Tell Me How to Fix my Mix

banterross

Please Critic My Mixes

How to Make my vocal audibility better heard?

I Appreciate it. Any questions feel free to ask. Accepting all opinions.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Buy a better microphone and then need EQing on vocals. Add a bit reverb.

"Buy a better microphone, I don't know what you'll get or how you will record when you get it, but I definitely know you'll need EQ, I see the future I don't need audio clips".

Try re-recording with compression during tracking with the same mic for now, change your position while recording cause sibilance is way too much.
Then re-post again and let's see if it was the way you recorded wrong and your mic is fine or vice-versa.

If still it sounds weird, you will need to get something better for recording vocals, but try out re-recording first.

well what are you using to record?
are you adding compression eq or any plugins/effects to your vocals?

i notice the instrumetal is drowing your vocals out. maybe try turning the beat down blending it with your vocals. i dont know how you went about mixing or what you used so its hard to say

Hey banterross,

Just my 2 cents, but compression on the vocal would help it sit on top of the music more. You may need to give yourself more headroom for the vocal by turning the track level down.
What mic are you using? Just curious.

I think the main problem with these beats is that they're already full of stuff. There's a female vocal & horns that clash with the main vox, and there's a big-ass piano riff on the other one. Plus the beats are super loud compared to the vocals, especially for being so full already. I'd fix the arrangement here first, not the mix.

I've updated the tracks using the feedback, so if you want to hear the improvement you can. I'm using a compressor mic from Scarlett CM25. Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:
Hey banterross,

Just my 2 cents, but compression on the vocal would help it sit on top of the music more. You may need to give yourself more headroom for the vocal by turning the track level down.
What mic are you using? Just curious.

I've updated the tracks using the feedback, so if you want to hear the improvement you can. I'm using a compressor mic from Scarlett CM25. Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:
Back