Please Provide Ross Banter Some Feedback

banterross

Please give me some feedback about my song. From lyrics, songwriting, delivery, beat, mixing, mastering, producing, etc. Thanks.

I Appreciate it .

God Bless.

Definitely sounds like something white girls would get drunk to, so nice. I like the instrumental, it's a nice mix of 90s and modern hip hop. Is the rapping good? Honestly? No, but it doesn't really matter these days, reminds me a LOT of what G-Eazy's doing, the deadpan delivery. I think you definitely need to do something to the vocals, whether it's adding a little reverb or upping the bass, they sound thin and detached.

Last edited:
I like the sounds you started with! What DAW are you using for mixing? I agree with kim&jessie about the vocals, but even more importantly I would focus on the deeper vocals for the second hook, they are fighting with the bass for stereo space as i'm having a hard time hearing them clearly in my monitors when the bass line is introduced. Try separating them more if you can, unless thats what you were going for.

Kindest Regards!

The bass is really fucking loud. Entirely too loud for me. And when the hats come in on the second verse, they are way too bright, or loud, ro both.

The vocal delivery is spotty, but that's just something that's going to take time. It's almost like you hesitate on some words, or don't even bother pronouncing them. It makes it really hard to hear some of the words. I think you need to exaggerate how you say every consonant.

Other than that? I really like the direction of this song. I like how the kick is hitting. The sample is great. The instrumental is really creative and I like the arrangement itself. I like that you don't try to rap over the huge chorus part. I think the song structure is great, creative, and weird in a good way. It reminds me of a lot of the newer artists. It reminds me of "Because the internet" and Chance. I think you should also listen to some Gil-Scott Heron. You've got sort of a spoken word style that might be reinforced by listening to him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnJFhuOWgXg

crimsonhawk47, Thanks for giving me direction.. it was really insightful for me

The bass is really fucking loud. Entirely too loud for me. And when the hats come in on the second verse, they are way too bright, or loud, ro both.

The vocal delivery is spotty, but that's just something that's going to take time. It's almost like you hesitate on some words, or don't even bother pronouncing them. It makes it really hard to hear some of the words. I think you need to exaggerate how you say every consonant.

Other than that? I really like the direction of this song. I like how the kick is hitting. The sample is great. The instrumental is really creative and I like the arrangement itself. I like that you don't try to rap over the huge chorus part. I think the song structure is great, creative, and weird in a good way. It reminds me of a lot of the newer artists. It reminds me of "Because the internet" and Chance. I think you should also listen to some Gil-Scott Heron. You've got sort of a spoken word style that might be reinforced by listening to him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnJFhuOWgXg

Back