pitching tracked out beat

hongry

Hey guys, so I'm planning on leasing a tracked out beat, but the beat's key is slightly high for me, so I was wondering what are your thoughts if I directly pitched down each tracked out part using a pitching plugin on each direct channel . Like, would it mess with the beat somehow? is it a bad idea? thanks I'd really appreciate any answers

It depends on the program and how much change you wish to apply (some can leave audible artifacts). Are you singing? If so, it might be necessary, but for rapping, I wouldn’t see why it woud be important...

Find the setting you like and change every key/pitch-based track you have (for example keys, bass, guitar, and/or horns and strings) by exactly the same amount. No need to tweak drums or percussion, unless you are going for a specific in-tune effect.

GJ

It depends on the program and how much change you wish to apply (some can leave audible artifacts). Are you singing? If so, it might be necessary, but for rapping, I wouldn’t see why it woud be important...

Find the setting you like and change every key/pitch-based track you have (for example keys, bass, guitar, and/or horns and strings) by exactly the same amount. No need to tweak drums or percussion, unless you are going for a specific in-tune effect.

GJ

Hey thanks for replying. Yes I am a singer not a rapper haha. My plan was to use a sound toys pitch shifter on the pitch based parts of the track like you mentioned. What I am worried about however is that tracked out usually means all the compression eq settings are already bounced within the tracked out instrument if I am not wrong? so I am worried if just pitching the tracked out audio like that would mess with it.

where we can hear this beat?

Hi, my bad probably should have done that in the first place. Sorry it won't let me post links but if you search robin Wesley instrumentals you will find it. the track i'm talking about is called True Love

I would probably try an offline pitch process before using a real-time plugin. They tend to perform better. Remember, you probably don't need to pitch the drums unless there are parts that are tuned to the key of the song (like long 808 kicks, etc.). Be sure to look at the wave forms and see if they stay lined up. In my experience most pitch shifting algorithms tend to introduce a small bit of offest. So what I usually do is copy the track to a new track/lane/etc. and then pitch shift the copy. Then I zoom in and make sure it still lines up with the original and nudge it if need be.

The reality of how it will sound after pitch shifting really depends on the music itself. Sometimes you can get away with a lot and not even notice. Other times it's painfully obvious after only a half step shift.

Back