No Bleed headphones

DJ mish

I need help choosing the right headphones for the booth. I have a booth and when artists record, the instrumental bleeds through the headphones into the mic. I makes it impossible to cut and paste or move stuff around in Nuendo.

Money is no issue, can anyone tell me some good, no bleed head phones?

Thanx

DJ mish said:
I need help choosing the right headphones for the booth. I have a booth and when artists record, the instrumental bleeds through the headphones into the mic. I makes it impossible to cut and paste or move stuff around in Nuendo.

Money is no issue, can anyone tell me some good, no bleed head phones?

Thanx
Fostex T20,
Audio-Technica ATH-M40fs,
Vic Firth Stereo Isolation SIH1,
Sony 7506

All work very well....

Thanx, I found some on musiciansfriend, but I was wondering would the noise cancelation headphones work too? or is that where you can't hear outside noise?? not sure? would the mic still pick up noise from the noise cancelation headphones??

DJ mish said:
Thanx, I found some on musiciansfriend, but I was wondering would the noise cancelation headphones work too? or is that where you can't hear outside noise?? not sure? would the mic still pick up noise from the noise cancelation headphones??
Noise cancelation headphones are not designed for audio production. They're designed to prevent external noise leaking INTO the headphones (such as the engine noise of an airplane while travelling.)

beyer dynamic dt100.
IMHO the best recording headphones by a mile, nice response to let artists hear themselves properly and invincible to bleed.
now mixing on them...yeuch

or i got a good little trick no matter what headphones your using just tape up the outside of the rim of sponge area, Which will keep sound within that area and no sound will come out a little ghetto but all good

no your"e actually just taping around the outside of the rim so nothing gets out look at how you do it so dont tape were you"ll feel the tape

Back